If your New Year's resolution was to eat healthily, now it's a couple of months into the year and you feel a bit lost and bored with the meals you're making we have some fab, quick and healthy ideas to really give you an extra boost. All recipes are super customisable so there’s something for everyone!
First things first, make sure you stay hydrated all day! Staying hydrated is so important for feeling good. We have stylish water bottles that you'll want to take everywhere! Shop here.
If you have a busy morning and normally skip breakfast because you “don't have the time” we have two perfect recipes for you to start your day!
We’ve got the best pancake recipe for you to try out.
- Sieve 350g of plain self-raising flour, 1tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl
- Then in a separate bowl mash the two ripe bananas with a fork until smooth, in the same bowl whisk 2 medium eggs, 1tsp of vanilla extract and 250ml of the milk of your choice
- Next, combine the two bowls until fully mixed together
- Add a small amount of butter/ or cooking oil to your pan and add the mix, flip the pancakes over to get the perfect golden colour!
- Serve with sliced banana and maple syrup!
Egg bites, are great if you prep these for the week ahead, then you can either eat them cold or reheat them in the morning!
Egg bites/ mini frittatas (makes 12)-
- First, you'll need to take 7 eggs and crack them into a bowl or jug and mix them up with 60ml of either dairy or dairy-free milk
- Next, choose the veggies to add in, we love to add tomatoes and spinach
- Then choose your extras depending on dietary restrictions you could add bacon/ veggie bacon, cheese/dairy-free cheese or anything else you might have in your fridge! (don't be afraid to experiment!)
- Pour all ingredients into a muffin tray/ cases and pop them in the oven for 25 mins
For this meal, you might have to spend a couple of minutes prepping it in the morning or the evening before but all you need to do at lunchtime is to add boiling water! Super tasty and warming for the last of the winter months!
Fresh instant miso noodle soup-
- First, pick your fave type of dried noodles and add them to a sealable tub.
- Next, choose your favourite veggies and chop them up into small slices/ pieces (we love to use spring onions, peppers and carrots)
- Next, you'll need a sachet of miso soup to add to the boiling water when you're ready to eat. (you can swap this out if you have another stock/ sauce you like to use!)
- Why not add tofu or some pre-cooked meat too
For those who are aiming to cut down on their meat consumption this year, this is the tastiest recipe for a quick dinner (you can always swap in some meat).
- Firstly chop an onion and some garlic into a saucepan and cook until golden brown
- Next add some veggie mince, chopped tomatoes, chopped chilli, tomato puree and kidney beans into the pan as well
- Pick your favourite spices to add too we use chilli flakes, paprika, mixed herbs, salt and pepper!
- Mix this all together until all ingredients are cooked
- Then either boil some rice or use a microwavable pouch
Don't forget that exercising whilst eating healthy is also super important to keep you feeling your best! Make sure the keeping track of your day to health and fitness by using a smartwatch.o keep it stylish, see our Apple Watch and Fitbit Watch Straps here.